There are many reasons to eat salad, like salads are healthy, cool, crunchy and easy to make. All you have to do is to mix in some fresh veggies, greens, tomatoes, and a nice salad dressing and your complete meal is ready. However, if your want to give a kick to your salad, you can even add some meats and eggs. My today’s salad recipe is full of proteins and minerals and taste of course.
I call it ‘hearty salad’ because its a fulfilling one meal dish and heart healthy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Olive oil – 2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Honey – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
Dry mint – 1 tsp
Romaine lettuce- 50 gm
Tomatoes – 2, sliced
Boiled eggs – 2, quatered
Boiled potatoes – 1, diced
Spinach – 100 gm
Boiled corn – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/4 tsp
Steps to make:
1. In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk well. Keep aside.
2. Wash the spinach and lettuce thoroughly and roughly cut them. You can tear with hands as well.
3. In a big salad bowl, combine the lettuce with tomatoes, potatoes and corn. Keep in fridge to chill.
4. In a pan, heat 1/4 tsp oil and put spinach. Let the spinach leaves wilt. Remove from pan and let it cool.
5. Now take out the salad bowl from the fridge. Add dressing to it and mix well.
6. Garnish with eggs and spinach leaves, sprinkle some salt and pepper on eggs and spinach. Serve with bread and soup.